With more than 25 years’ experience in handling appeals and drafting appellate briefs, I can assist you in preparing your brief. If you don’t regularly do appellate work, or just lack the time to prepare a complex brief, consider outsourcing the research and writing to me.
I can help you navigate the appellate process in the Massachusetts and federal courts, and will draft an appellate brief which is clear, cogent and compelling. Even if you intend to draft the brief yourself, I can help by researching a discreet issue or by editing the brief you write. In addition, I work with appellant’s counsel to prepare the record appendix. Unlike some who offer this type of service, I’m a local attorney, licensed to practice in Massachusetts, and can meet personally with you to discuss your project.
By outsourcing your appellate brief to me, you can:
- team up with an attorney familiar with the appellate process;
- save time and take control of your schedule;
- save your client money by having the brief prepared more efficiently than you could yourself;
- make more money by adding a reasonable premium to what I charge; and
- take advantage of legal research resources you may not have yourself, including my extensive flat rate Westlaw plan (there is no charge to you for use of databases covered by the plan);
- maintain your relationship with your client, with whom I have no contact.
To learn more about appeals to the Massachusetts Appeals Court and the Massachusetts Rules of Appellate Procedure, read this summary.
Additional articles about appellate issues, including post-decision practice, can be found here.
For information about appeals from the Massachusetts District and Municipal Courts to the District Court Appellate Division, click here.