Your appellate brief offers your best, and often only, opportunity to convince the justices to rule in your client’s favor. A well-crafted brief will frame the facts and legal issues of a case in the manner most favorable to your client; will educate the justices about the relevant facts and law; and will lead them, inexorably, step by step, to the desired result.
My appellate brief drafting services
With more than two decades’ experience in drafting appellate briefs, I can assist you in preparing your brief. If you don’t regularly do appellate work, or just lack the time to prepare a complex brief, consider outsourcing the research and writing to me.
Unlike some who offer this type of service, I’m a local attorney, licensed to practice in Massachusetts, and can meet personally with you to discuss your project.
I can help you:
- Navigate the appellate process in the Massachusetts courts;
- Draft an appellate brief which is clear, cogent and compelling;
- Work with appellant’s counsel to prepare the record appendix;
- Oversee copying, binding, service and filing of your brief.
Even if you intend to draft the brief yourself, I can help by:
- Researching a discreet issue;
- Editing the brief you write.
Throughout the process, you retain control, determining the extent of my services and approving all documents.
Benefits of outsourcing your appellate brief.
By having me draft your Massachusetts appellate brief, you:
- team up with an attorney familiar with the appellate process;
- save time and take control of your schedule;
- save your client money by having the brief prepared more efficiently than you could yourself;
- make more money by adding a reasonable premium to what I charge;
- take advantage of legal research resources you may not have yourself, including my extensive flat rate Westlaw plan (there is no charge to you for use of databases covered by the plan);
- maintain your relationship with your client, with whom I have no contact.