I can provide an objective memorandum analyzing a discreet legal issue and applying the law to the facts of your case. If I believe that the law does not support your legal position, I’ll say so.
For more than 30 years, I’ve focused on legal research and writing, dealing with legal issues from mundane to complex.
Unlike some who offer this type of service, I’m a local attorney, licensed to practice in Massachusetts, and can meet personally with you to discuss your project.
Benefits of having me draft your internal memorandum.
By assigning your research issue to me, you can:
- team up with an attorney offering proven research, analysis and writing skills;
- gain the benefit of an independent, objective, “second set of eyes”;
- save time and take control of your schedule;
- save your client money by having the memorandum prepared more efficiently than you could yourself;
- make more money by adding a reasonable premium to what I charge; and
- take advantage of legal research resources you may not have yourself, including my extensive flat rate Westlaw plan (there is no charge to you for use of databases covered by the plan);
- maintain your relationship with your client, with whom I have no contact.
The drafting process.
We’ll work closely together throughout the process, starting by discussing the relevant facts of the case and defining as precisely as possible the legal issue to be researched. If you want me to apply the law to the facts of your case, I’ll review whatever documents you deem relevant prior to researching the legal issues we’ve identified. If the research raises additional legal issues, I’ll discuss with you whether the scope of research should be changed or expanded.
I’ll then prepare a memorandum summarizing my conclusions. If you have questions concerning the memorandum, I’m always pleased to discuss it with you.