I have more than 30 years’ experience in drafting trial court motions and oppositions to such motions, including motions for summary judgment, motions to dismiss, discovery motions, motions in limine, and pre- and post-trial motions. If you don’t regularly handle civil litigation, or just lack the time to draft a complex motion, consider outsourcing the research and writing to me.
Unlike some who offer this type of service, I’m a local attorney, licensed to practice in Massachusetts, and can meet personally with you to discuss your project.
Benefits of having me draft your trial court motion or opposition.
By outsourcing your trial court motion/opposition to me, you can:
- save time and take control of your schedule;
- save your client money by having the motion/opposition prepared more efficiently than you could yourself;
- make more money by adding a reasonable premium to what I charge; and
- take advantage of legal research resources you may not have yourself, including my extensive flat rate Westlaw plan (there is no charge to you for use of databases covered by the plan);
- maintain your relationship with your client, with whom I have no contact.
The drafting process.
We’ll work closely together throughout the process, starting by discussing the relevant facts of the case and the arguments which should be included in the motion/opposition. I’ll review the documentary evidence, discuss with you avenues for legal research, and then research the legal issues we’ve identified. The results of that research will further refine, and perhaps add to, the arguments to be made in your motion/opposition.
I’ll then prepare drafts of the motion/opposition and any associated papers. After you review and comment on the drafts, I’ll prepare final documents, including all required citations, tables and cross-referencing, and provide them to you in Word format for filing and service. Throughout the process, you retain control, determining the extent of my services and approving all documents.
Even if you intend to draft the motion or opposition yourself, I can help by researching a discreet issue or by editing a document you write.